Re: Re: Re: [asa] Believing Scripture but Playing by Science’s Rules

From: David Opderbeck <>
Date: Mon Feb 12 2007 - 15:16:27 EST

*Note that I have _not_ defined God.*

Well, you've defined the rules God has to play by, thus defining Him.

*DO's response justifies a good God creating a universe that misleads every
honest investigator.*

No, it suggests that an "honest" investigator will not be afraid to
acknowledge his / her limits, and to accept that some things might be
unresolveable mysteries. (Note that this is not my approach to the age of
the earth question; like Terry, I don't think the Bible has anything to say
about this. But if someone takes this approach, I can't say it's completely
irresponsible, because I certainly do take it myself concerning other
questions I'm unable to resolve).

On 2/12/07, D. F. Siemens, Jr. <> wrote:
> Note that I have _not_ defined God. I have merely noted that lots of
people talk nonsense. DO's response justifies a good God creating a universe
that misleads every honest investigator. But Jesus noted that Satan is the
father of lies. Whom should I believe?
> Dave
> On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:07:16 -0500 "David Opderbeck" <>
> I love it when anyone tries to get past /consequentia mirabilis/ by
calling up pseudo-epistemology or some other greenish product of a male
> > Dave
> I love it when a logician believes his little cowpie constructions are
capable of defining God.

David W. Opderbeck
MySpace (Music):
To unsubscribe, send a message to with