RE: [asa] Moral law - Francis Collins

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Sun Dec 31 2006 - 15:15:12 EST

Hi Iain:

Whether Gentiles obey the law because they know what to do intuitively
or whether they obey it because they know it is the law makes no
difference. Whether you eat your porridge because you know it is good
for you or because Mother tells you to eat it in the long run is
unimportant.

If you choose to drive 35 miles an hour because it seems like a safe
speed to you or whether you drive it because it is the posted speed
won't make any difference to the highway patrol who won't give you a
ticket regardless of your knowledge. If your inner conscience thinks 60
mph is okay, you're going to be pulled over whether you know the posted
speed or not.

I do not see in the passage quoted any implication that the Gentiles
were all blessed with an inner guidance system that would enable them to
obey the law even though they may have had no idea what that law was.

Dick Fischer

Dick Fischer, Genesis Proclaimed Association

 <http://www.genesisproclaimed.org> www.genesisproclaimed.org