[asa] Earth's crust, Earth's atmosphere and Creation

From: Jammart Johan <j_jammart@yahoo.fr>
Date: Fri Dec 29 2006 - 12:29:07 EST

I have read a review (by Korthof) of Michael Denton book "Nature's Destiny" . I would like your advice on two quotes:

  "Osmium-oxide is the most poisonous substance on Earth. Concentrations in the air of more than 2 parts per 10 billion (=1010) parts cause blindness, lung- and kidney damage. This is an extreme low concentration. So it is extremely effective. Conclusion: Osmium-oxide is uniquely fit for killing humans. In other words: Osmium-oxide gives every appearance of having been specially designed for damaging human life. Or is it just a coincidence...? "

  "John Emsley (2005) The Elements of Murder: A History of Poison points out that heavy metals which are natural constituents of the Earth's crust like mercury, arsenic, lead, antimony and thallium are elements that are toxic enough to cause human death. (Nature, 11 Aug 2005). A universe fine-tuned for life should not contain poison."

  How to conciliate those two quotes with the notion of the Creator? My my interest is theology, but I'm interested with science when it deal with the Creation. I would like to have your advices on this ( P.S.: I believe in theistic evolution).

  Many thank in advance for your help!

  Blessings,

  Johan