[asa] One Cosmos Under God: The Unification of Matter, Life, Mind & Spirit

From: Janice Matchett <janmatch@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri Dec 29 2006 - 10:53:39 EST

I'd like to see some at ASA do a review on this interesting book
written by a clinical psychologist. ~ Janice

One Cosmos Under God: The Unification of Matter, Life, Mind &
Spirit by
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1557788367/ref=ase_onecosmos-20//s/104-1882984-9484703?ie=UTF8&index=books&rank=-relevance%2C%2Bavailability%2C-daterank&field-author-exact=Godwin%2C%20Robert%20W.>Robert
W. Godwin
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1557788367/ref=ase_onecosmos-20/102-4818059-9482526?s=books&v=glance&n=283155&tagActionCode=onecosmos-20

 From the Author (a clinical psychologist): "One Cosmos Under God is
the fruit of a lifetime of thought attempting to synthesize material
from a number of diverse domains, including cosmology, theoretical
biology, quantum physics, developmental psychoanalysis, attachment
theory, anthropology, history, mysticism and theology, into a
coherent, self-consistent, non-reductionistic whole."

Reviewer John A. Speyrer 1/30/05: "...His use of the concept of
"mind parasites" to explain the origins of our individual
personalities was brilliant. .."

 From Robert W. Godwin's blog, Tuesday, December 26, 2006:

"...In Chapter three of my
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1557788367/ref=ase_onecosmos-20/102-4818059-9482526?s=books&v=glance&n=283155&tagActionCode=onecosmos-20>book
I survey history and culture, looking for evidence of what I call
"mind parasites" that are ultimately rooted in different different
styles of child rearing and which are responsible for so much
cultural pathology, including the pathology of Islamism. Although my
ideas may appear somewhat speculative, I believe that they cannot not
be true once you understand the underlying principles involved. .."
More: http://www.onecosmos.blogspot.com/