Re: [asa] Cosmological Evolution?

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Thu Dec 28 2006 - 16:52:56 EST

Michael Crichton is not an environmental scientist - which isn't the same thing as medicine or anthropology. & even in those fields he's not a noted scientist - he gets attention only because of his reputation as a novelist. That doesn't qualify him to pontificate about every scientific field under the sun. His blunders when he does so are illustrated nicely by his statement below about the Drake equation. Far from there being anything wrong with the equation itself, it's almost a tautology. The problem with it is just that we don't know the numbers to put into it.

& what's preposterous about your environmental views is not just bad science but bad theology.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/