Re: [asa] Sternberg's tretment

From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 22 2006 - 20:53:58 EST

Does the report clearly show this?

Have you read the emails in the appendix? Could you explain in your
own words how Sternberg was NOT treated right at the Smithsonian?
And realize that the report was made by the (majority) staff, not by
the full committee.
Seems to me that this was nothing more than a political stunt by
outgoing committee chairman Souder, a friend of intelligent design
creationism.

I encourage anyone to read the actual emails and the postings on PT,
especially Ed Brayton's analysis at
http://www.pandasthumb.org/archives/2006/12/creating_a_mart.html

Your link misses the most damning appendix which shows quite a
different picture.

http://www.souder.house.gov/sitedirector/~files/AppendixtoReportIntoleranceandthePoliticizationofScienceattheSmithsonian.pdf

I'd like to discuss particular examples which you believe show that
Sternberg was not treated right.

So was Sternberg demoted? Was Sternberg prevented access?

Can you share your findings?

Pim