Re: [asa] RE: Public questions for Denyse O'Leary

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Thu Dec 21 2006 - 21:50:32 EST

Denyse -

If this you bothered to look at the ASA website (a minimal requirement for
anyone making the type of criticism you do) you would have seen - just for
starters:
(a) a statement about the type of organization ASA is (which is broader than
Ted's brief "Forum for converstion"). One of the things there is
"education," which includes just the sort of activity with teens that you
claim (with your characteristic sneer) that the ASA isn't involved with.
(b) The 2d item under "Learn More" (left side of the page) is "Apologetics,"
which includes the type of thing in which you imagine ASA isn't involved.
(c) Currently, there is information under "Bookstore" about Owen Gingerich's
book which is opposed to the anti-Christian claims that you're concerned
about & imagine the ASA does nothing about.

You can also find more that puts the lie to your claims but I won't belabor
the point. This is enough to make it clear that you either haven't taken
the trouble to find out anything about ASA or that you have and just leave
out things that don't fit your message. In either case your behavior is
unprofessional and unchristian.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/