RE: [asa] RE: Public questions for Denyse O'Leary

From: Denyse O'Leary <oleary@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu Dec 21 2006 - 20:09:51 EST

ASA is a "Forum for conversation."

Ah yes. I see.

My beef? Who can have a beef with a Forum for conversation?

Now that that is all perfectly clear, I suppose there is little further
need for me to wonder why ASA does nothing when atheists, promoting
atheism as a logical outcome of Darwinism, make a direct play for teens.

You don't need a battery of PR people, actually. Do you think that
Dembski has a battery of PR people?

But Ted, let's just let this be. To the extent that ASA is merely a
Forum for conversation, of course it would not do anything.

I can't imagine what led me to believe that ASA would do anything.

By the way, just to clarify: I was not suggesting ASA should be the
Discovery Institute (DI). The DI promotes ID.

They're probably happy enough with this turn of events, as it shows how
useless the current system is, from the perspective of most non-atheists
and non-materialists. If I were advising them (I'm not), I would advise
them to use this example and make the most of it.

Atheists can get at the teens who learn their Darwinism from the school
system and you others can ... well, ... converse!

This is my last post on the subject. I am sure that you have better
things to do, and the list is probably weary of it.

Cheers, Denyse