Re: [asa] Denyse O'Leary and Darwinism

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Thu Dec 21 2006 - 14:50:32 EST

Denyse's description of Collins as "an intellectual lightweight" would much
better be applied to herself. She knows little about either science or
theology, as even a superficial reading of her piece of ID fanmail, _By
Design or Chance_ shows. (My review of the book - which could legitimately
have been harsher than it was - is in the Sept. '05 PSCF.) Her statement
near the end of that book, that "Christian evolutionists" "must be content
with a God who is /not/ there, except as an emotional understanding" makes
it clear that she has made no attempt at all to understand the views of
Christians who accept evolution. Apparently "You shall not bear false
witness" isn't part of her version of Christianity.

There's also no reason to think that she knows anything about the ASA, even
though she has exploited the courtesy of the organization by using this list
to promote her notions.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/