Re: [asa] Denyse O'Leary and Darwinism

From: Sarah Berel-Harrop <sbh930@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu Dec 21 2006 - 13:03:34 EST

I notice part of the essay centers on a "quote" from Douglas Futuyama's Evolutionary
Biology (3rd Edition). I have the book. It never ceases to amaze me, the Discovery
Institute's (and their supporters) standards. Basically, they excised words, phrases,
and sentences, without ellipsis, and present it as a quote. And the first sentence is
a paraphrase. It's just wrong, dishonest in my view. They have clearly picked up the
book, because most of the "quote" comes from the book.