Re: [asa] Cobb County settles lawsuit

From: Bill Hamilton <williamehamiltonjr@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Dec 20 2006 - 19:08:33 EST

If James was saying that the schools should teach what the majority of the
commuinty is saying, I would agree with you, Michael. OTOH, if he was saying
that the schools should acknowledge beliefs held in the community and be
willing to discuss (without endorsing) them, then I think James is on the mark.
As Ted Davis has pointed out, Intelligent Design is a legitimate discussion
topic in philosophy of science classes. The fact that ID is not science ddoes
not mean it can't be discussed in school --n only that it can't be discussed
_as_ science.
--- Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

> If the majority of the community said that AIDS was not caused by a virus,
> and that the earth is flat and only 10,000 years, should this be taught -
> it would be democratic.
>
> Be consistent
>
> Michael

Bill Hamilton
William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.
248.652.4148 (home) 248.821.8156 (mobile)