Re: [asa] [off topic] Exposed e-mail addresses in web archives

From: Iain Strachan <igd.strachan@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Dec 18 2006 - 06:50:37 EST

Hi, Anthony,

The impression I get is that the ASA archive is not scanned by spammers for
potential targets. It is more usual for newsgroups and so forth to get
spam. I started getting spam after unwisely leaving my address on a public
forum at Mathworks.com, which resulted in spam after just a few days.
However, before that I'd been posting to ASA for quite a while and had no
problems at all.

Hope this is of some reassurance.

Regards,
Iain