Re: [asa] energy from cellulose [was: UN Downgrades Man's Impact On The Climate]

From: Dave Wallace <wdwllace@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat Dec 16 2006 - 08:17:42 EST

A few years ago my wife and I changed denominations and over a meal
someone asked me where I stood in the Christian spectrum. Among other
things, I answered that in the original sense of the word that I am a
fundamentalist, giving a short definition and qualifications similar to
what Ted does. However, in general the word is not useful as many of
the churches we attended when I was in high school and university
described themselves as fundamental by which they usually meant
something like
-YEC
-"premilllenial dispensationalism."
-the right set of rigid dos and don'ts
secondary separation

When the pejorative connotations of the word fundamentalist from the
secular press are added the word seems to have little value anymore.

Dave Wallace

Ted Davis wrote:
> I like to think of myself as "cling[ing] to the great fundamentals,"
though
> I might not define every one of them in the same way that Laws did--I
> certainly accept many of them in the same way, however. But I'm not
on the warpath, even though I don't back down from defending what I believe.