Re: [asa] The Swift-Boating of Judge Jones

From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Dec 14 2006 - 11:19:02 EST

David Opderbeck already dealt with the 'plagiarism' claim which is
just plain foolish from a legal perspective, although from a PR
perspective this approach seems to convince various people of the
follies of Judge Jones. Why is the DI so intent on destroying the
reputation of a Christian and a Judge? Because it is hard to argue
against the findings?...

As far as the DI advising against the lawsuit. It's the DI's
equivocating position on 'teach the controversy' which attracts many
people who correctly interpret this to mean 'restore the Christian
balance'.

Such equivocating causes much embarassment and damage, both to science
as well as religion.Dover is but one example, there is now a lawsuit
in Russia which claims that teaching evolution is against someone's
religious beliefs and the schools need to remove it.

Pim