[asa] Christian Evolution?

From: Gregory Arago <gregoryarago@yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon Dec 11 2006 - 18:58:12 EST

Please excuse if I am about to ask what might seem to be an especially uncomfortable question, but the thought came to me: if you can’t ask this question on-line at the ASA then where can you ask it? If anyone offering an answer would prefer to send a personal e-mail in reply, then feel free to do so.

  Is it possible for a human being to ‘evolve’ into being a Christian? If so, are they more complex or simple (as a person) when they become a Christian than they were before?

  Hopefully this question will be treated with care, accepting that faith and love are also the basis for our human life, including the vocations that we select (are selected for us), the particular sciences and scholarly fields in which we are working.

  G. Arago