Re: [asa] UN Downgrades Man's Impact On The Climate

From: Iain Strachan <igd.strachan@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Dec 11 2006 - 02:46:17 EST

> *@ :)
>
> *~ Janice .... who couldn't resist offering one last fallacious humdrum
> harangue for this post *: ) * "..What offended me most about
> creationists was not so much what they believe (although I confess I find it
> strongly disagreeable), rather *it was that they insisted that I must
> believe it too. ..*" ~ Wayne Dawsonzhu@aol.com: *Sun, 19 Feb 2006 *10:46:47
> EST - Re: Believe it even if it isn't true theology
> http://www.calvin.edu/archive/asa/200602/0325.html

Janice,

What Wayne says is perfectly fair, and you should apologise for accusing him
of a "fallacious humdrum harangue". I have first-hand experience of exactly
what Wayne is stating. When the most prominent YEC spokesman in the UK
(Prof. Andy McIntosh) came to preach at my church, it was abundantly clear
from what he said that if you didn't accept Young Earth Creationism, but
believed in the theory of evolution, then you might as well give up
believing altogether and become an atheist. Most of the congregation,
including the vicar, were just as offended as Wayne was. My wife (who isn't
a scientist) was absolutely fuming at the end, and so were all the people in
my house-group, including one who herself had creationist sympathies, but
isn't so bigoted as to assume that her way is the only way.

Iain.