Re: [asa] Predictive Power: Astronomy vs. Evolution

From: Jim Armstrong <jarmstro@qwest.net>
Date: Fri Dec 08 2006 - 18:12:48 EST

This distinction has always seemed to me exactly as you describe.
Let microevolution go a long time and you have macroevolution, . . .
unless you preemptorily define it away.
However, this minor issue can also be made to go away (sort of) by
maintaining a young earth position. No long time, no macro-evolution.
So a working definition for microevolution might default to any
evolutionary change that occurs within a 6000 (10,000?) year time frame.
JimA