[asa] Marcus Ross

From: James Mahaffy <mahaffy@dordt.edu>
Date: Fri Dec 08 2006 - 10:12:24 EST

Folks,

I thought you should be aware that a bright young YEC paleontologist,
Marcus Ross, just got his PhD. He worked on mosasaurs and has had one
of his chapters published and another out for review in a excellent
mainstream paleo journal.

Except for SDA geologists and biology types [some of whom have an
interesting old earth/young creation position] there have been few good
geologists in the YEC camp. I hope Marcus continues to do publishable
work. One of the historical weaknesses of the YEC movement has been
that they have tended to only publish in house (like Steve Austin's work
on the Grand Canyon). They need to have more folks who are not afraid to
let their work stand the scrutiny of meetings and peer reviewed
publication.

In any case, I thought some of you might like to be aware of this young
Christian paleontologist.

bcc to Marcus

James Mahaffy (mahaffy@dordt.edu) Phone: 712 722-6279
498 4th Ave NE
Biology Department FAX : 712
722-1198
Dordt College, Sioux Center IA 51250-1697