Re: [asa] Lets move beyond straw men and uninformed opinion

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Thu Dec 07 2006 - 05:44:08 EST

This is a very wise post and I agree with what you say.

To list the problems of ID;
1. Political posing of Wells Johnson
2. Inaccurate content of writings by Wells and Johnson in particular. There
is an honesty question here.
3. Refusal to come clean on the age of the earth
4 Willingness to associate too closely with YEC
5 (weaker) association with Right Wing agenda and weak on the environment
6 Tendency to be god of the gaps
7 Tendency to be offensive to TEs

Points 1 and 2 are the most serious and remove all credibility from ID.

Because of this I do not take any ID arguments seriously

Michael