Re: [asa] Lets move beyond straw men and uninformed opinion

From: <Dawsonzhu@aol.com>
Date: Fri Dec 01 2006 - 20:50:49 EST

PvM wrote:
From 1995 onwards Behe's CV looks unimpressive, even his more extensive CV
shows no evidence of publications before 1995. So let's dig deeper: Until 1995
he was a professor of Chemistry and switched to Biochemistry in 1995. Perhaps
Behe's CV shows how scientifically unfruitful the concept of Intelligent
Design really is.

--
Looking at the list you show, I don't find his research unimpressive up to
1995.
Typically, until you have enough grants to support an army of students,
you're
lucky if you can publish a couple of papers a year in biology.  If they don't
appear
important to you, well, that's your opinion but that is all it is.
On your last point, scientists can also get stuck somewhere on some idea.
Sometimes they turn out to be right, other times, they just pursue a path
that leads nowhere.  Some of them are very competent scientists: Hoyle
comes to mind.  I think that says more about how we should be careful.
IIRR,  DBB came out around 95 or 96.
Probably the biggest problem here is that the ID movement turned to
using the judicial system to force the teaching of ID.  If, for the sake of
example, Hoyle had tried something like that, probably similar things as
you write above would  have been expressed about him too.

by Grace we proceed,
Wayne