RE: mtDNA Eve and the determination of humanity

From: Donald Perrett (E-mail) <donperrett@theology-perspectives.net>
Date: Tue Feb 28 2006 - 02:08:29 EST

Hi Dick and Glenn,

Not that I hold one specific way on the issue of patriarch ages, but both of
you could be right. While I do agree with Dick's view that Adam is the
spiritual (monotheic) first man, Glenn may also be right about the age
problem. If one were to consider that the ages are not necessarily the
person but rather the family line. This is used as a dynasty (China), house
(England), etc. Then the factoring issue would not exist. No need to
divide or multiple. If the influencial period of Noah was 100000 and his
son only 10 then the age of the family (house/dynasty/etc) would neither
conflict with biblical interpretation, geology, archeology, genetics, etc.
And if I were to say that Noah was 100 when he had his first child, that
could mean that his son was born when he was 60 actual (possible in human
terms - my grandfather's last one was when he was 66 and I know a man that
just had one at 83 (with a 27 year old)) and his son gained power/influence
when the son was 40. Then the next dynasty began 100 years after Noah was
born. We may think in terms of one dynasty taking over another, but in many
cultures concurrent dynasties reined in opposing city-states. If Noah
didn't die until he was 100000000000 it wouldn't mean that's when he died.
It would mean that his legacy died then (spiritually speaking).

As I said this is not a strong view of mine, but it is certainly possible.

For Dick or Glenn:
Does this idea have any specific evidence against it?

Don P