RE: The death of the RTB model

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Sun Feb 26 2006 - 12:59:46 EST

Hi Dave, you wrote:

Sure, Dick, there was a flood in Mesopotamia. Indeed, there seems, if my
memory serves, more than one, for flood deposits in different cities
were not simultaneous. There is still the problem of 8 people poling a
gigantic barge upstream. Additionally, I found a transportation map in
an atlas. Neither Tigris nor Euphrates, though long, was tagged as an
inland waterway. Ports are located on the Persian Gulf.

Inland waterways are natural coastal waterways formed when the ocean
builds protective sand barriers. No ocean action in Mesopotamia.
Cities in the southern part of Mesopotamia could not be built in close
proximity to either river as they would have been swept away every
Spring. The irrigation canals allowed them to locate their cities some
miles away from the river. The distance gave them some measure of
protection.

I take your claim that only the Adamic race, except for Noah and his 3
sons, perished as an indication that they were especially stupid,
lacking the good sense to run for the hills.

Did I say stupid? The evidence from their writing was that under the
influence of the Sumerians they became polytheistic over time, and as we
know, this is something God really doesn't like. The Sumerians were
located further east and could reach the foothills of the Zagros
mountains. Populations located in cities along the Euphrates were less
fortunate. And these were the cities that bore the brunt of the flood.

Apparently at least many of the other residents escaped, because there
does not seem to be a great break in the civilization.

There was a break in civilization at the flood. The Predynastic Period
in Mesopotamian history begins at 2900 BC at a recognized break in
civilization.

Don't tell me that Ashurbanipal had trouble reading the pre-flood
documents. There was a 2 millennium gap. It's not that long back to King
Alfred's or the Venerable Bede's writings, and I guarantee you'll have a
devil of a time reading them.

I'll vouch for that. Heck, most people can't fathom the KJV and it was
written less than 400 years ago.

Dick Fischer
 <http://www.genesisproclaimed.org> www.genesisproclaimed.org