Re: mtDNA Eve and the determination of humanity

From: Mansar <niai@hush.ai>
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 02:20:48 EST

I have been following this discussion with interest. Could someone
enlighten me as to what the RTB model is? Also I must ask for
forgiveness of my total ignorance but could someone give me a mtDNA
Eve for Dummies breakdown? What exactly is the theory/story? What is
the science behind it? I know little about science but enough to be
suspicious of a 10,000 year old earth.

Also, I have read what Dick Fischer and others have written on the
problem of Adam given the problems in time frames.

Could someone or someones point me to a collection of articles or
information on-line (or off but given I live in the boonies on-line
would be best) describing the more popular theories on how to explain
Adam or describe who he is etc as is being discussed here. Or posit
your own beliefs or summaries?

Also, what is the take on answers in genesis?

Humbly,

The Other less Knowledgeable Iain