Re: mtDNA Eve and the determination of humanity

From: jack syme <drsyme@cablespeed.com>
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 20:24:33 EST

I am sure that Hugh Ross considers all living homo's fully human, and all
other modern homo sapiens fully human, in fact that is exactly what the
model says.

The problem with the RTB model isnt that Ross doesnt consider Neanderthal
"human" (or homo florensis for that matter) it is that he has Adam
specially created 100,00 years ago, with no genetic connection to earlier or
contemprary homo's.

This model helps solve some problems, but as in all the models leaves many
problems. Mainly that the RTB model ignores the biblical evidence for a
neolithic adam.

But, one thing that Hugh Ross wanted his model to be is falsifieable, and in
my opinion, the Templeton data has done just that. It will be interesting
to see if Ross responds to this data.