Re: Fossil dragonflies

From: Pim van Meurs <pimvanmeurs@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 15:33:46 EST

Wow, I guess I have not seen those 2 feet dragon flies lately...

Carboniferous dragonflies had wingspans of two feet or more

Webpage on dragon flies
http://www.windsofkansas.com/odfltref.html

Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk> wrote: I recently came across a YEC who argued that Carboniferous dragonflies 320 million year old exactly the same as Permian ones at 230 Million year old and exactly the same as modern ones. He claimed that the initial conclusion is no evolution / change (except in size) This is amusing!!! As they are a little smaller today! –also catastrophic burial since there is no way one can form fossils without doing it quickly on such fragile things as dragonfly wings.

 Can any palaeontologist shed some light on this and give the actual rather than imagined situation?

 Michael

 PS reading Rudwicks Bursting the limits of time. Excellent in all ways especially on the geology Genesis non-issue