Fw: Course Ecology and Christianity

From: Robert Schneider <rjschn39@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 16:17:30 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Schneider
To: steamdoc@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 4:16 PM
Subject: Re: Course Ecology and Christianity

I strongly endorse Allan's recommendation of Steven Bouma-Prediger's book. I reviewed it for PSCF a few years ago and thought it first-rate. For a brief catechetical approach to "Creation Care" may I recommend Part III: "Caring for Creation" of the Episcopal Church "Catechism of Creation," accessible at http://www.episcopalchurch.org/science/, click "Catechism of Creation." It provides a briefer theological underpinning, makes broad suggestions for actions by individuals and congregations, and reponds to some of the objections sometimes raised by Christians to environmental stewardship. There is also a bibliography of publications and web sites that might be useful, including the "A Rocha" site.

Bob Schneider