Re: Course Ecology and Christianity

From: <steamdoc@aol.com>
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 10:26:08 EST

As background for teaching such a course, I highly recommend the book:
"For the Beauty of the Earth: A Christian Vision for Creation Care" by Steven Bouma-Prediger

It is the best and most thorough I have ever seen at laying out the grounding from Biblical theology for our imperative to be stewards of God's creation. And it does not leave things completely in the realm of theological theory -- while it tends to avoid specific recommendations on specific issues, it does develop some general principles of practical application that can be used to guide our response to situations.

There is also a nice little book by Calvin DeWitt and a few others called "Caring for Creation: Responsible Stewardship of God's Handiwork" which has several Christian viewpoints and is written at a little more "popular" level.

Allan Harvey, steamdoc at aol dot com
(usual disclaimers here)