Course Ecology and Christianity

From: Oscar Gonzalez <ecoteologo@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 04:12:42 EST

                22 feb 06

  Hello all,

  I have been invited to give a course called "Ecology and Christianity" at a Christian Biblical Seminar in Lima, Peru. As far as I know, this is the first time than in a Peruvian Evangelical Seminar a course such as this is going to be given in Peru. The level has to be very basic, some of the students hold a profession (but none related to science) and some just know the Bible.

  My main objective is to show Christians the importance of Ecology as a Science and get them involved in Conservation, supporting it biblically and theologically.

  I am programming the course with these topics:

  - Defining concepts: What is Ecology?
  - Positive and negative interactions between Science and Christianity
  - Responsible stewardship in the bible
  - Environmental ethics
  - Bible environmental teachings
  - Earth resources degradation
  - Sustainable development
  - Prejuices of Christians for not getting into environmentalism
  - Christian responses to care for the Earth: Conservation and education programs

  I would like your input, can anybody share the program of a course like that? what other topics should be considered? what references should not be avoided? (I am considering several PSCF articles on the topic)

  Thank you, God bless

Oscar Gonzalez
A Rocha Peru Team Leader
www.arocha.org