RE: The death of the RTB model

From: Janice Matchett <janmatch@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 00:24:37 EST

At 06:51 PM 2/21/2006, Dick Fischer wrote:

>Eve had the power and authority to rebuke the serpent, but instead,
>she surrendered her God-given authority and submitted herself to
>Satan's influence through the guile of the serpent's words.

### Like a savvy door-to-door salesman (back in the days when women
were usually home all day ) Satan waited until Adam went to work,
then knocked on the door - made his pitch - and easily made the sale. :)

>Had Satan appeared as an "angel of light" (2 Cor. 11:14), presenting
>himself in splendor, a certain intimidation factor would have been
>introduced. His words would have seemed more credible. Eve might
>have been excused for believing those cunning words if Satan had
>appeared as a god-like being. Coming from a serpent, Eve was truly
>without excuse. It was simply the power of a clever argument that
>was her undoing.

### Eve was deceived - but Adam wasn't - so the "clever argument"
wouldn't have succeeded with him. Satan knew who to "pitch". He
also knew that to get to Adam, he'd have to go through his wife. He
knew Adam would go along with what his wife wanted so that he
wouldn't have to spend the night out in the dog house or on the couch. :)

>In Luke 4:6, Satan tempted Jesus three times. Satan boasted that
>the power and the glory "is delivered" unto him, and that he could
>give it to "whomsoever" he pleased. No place in Scripture can we
>find where God gave him this office of power, yet he had it, and it
>was delegated to him. It was precisely this authority given to the
>covenant pair that solely through devious persuasion was delivered
>up on a silver platter to a lowly serpent, and it was only man's to give.

### Whew! Just think where we'd be today if Jesus had been a woman. :)

~ Janice