Re: Re: Get out the vote

From: <ttveiv@mts.net>
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 21:17:51 EST

I don't think you can equate being listed in a phone book with being listed in a church directory. Having your name listed in a phone book identifies you as having a phone; being listed in a church directory makes you a target for focussed mailings. If this were not the case, the groups you mentioned might just as well scan the phone directory. But they don't want to contact everyone who has a phone; that's too expensive.

As membership chairman of a political party in our electoral district, I have access to an extensive list of names and addresses but I would not think of letting anybody have access to this list. Doing so would be illegal and highly unethical.

Chuck Vandergraaf