Re: Get out the vote

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 15:36:05 EST

It's true that putting your name in a church phone directory suggests some
willingness to give up some privacy. But, I don't think it means you're
giving up your contact info to anyone for any purpose. Say, for example,
that the church decided to sell the directory info to a marketing firm in
order to make up a budget shortfall. I think we'd all justifiably feel that
our privacy had been violated. I'd feel the same way if the directory were
given to a political party.