Re: The death of the RTB model

From: <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 08:49:49 EST

Iain wrote:

>Glenn, I think you'll have to explain why you don't think this verse solves the issue.  You are concerned that  people will
>use descended/non-descended status from Adam as an excuse for rascism.  Well ... I have to admit that people have
>found much simpler excuses for rascism, like colour of skin for example. People are always going to be like that, Christian
>or not.  The South African reformed church, I'm given to believe, used the story of Noah's curse on Canaan (Genesis 9?)
>as an excuse to justify apartheid, for another example.

>Does that get me a discount on the $4 ? How much does a Starbuck's cost anyway? ;-))

Shoot, I will buy the latte for you if we ever meet.  While I agree that there is no excuse for racism and I agree with your interpretation of Galatians, I also see no reason to tempt fate unnecessarily.  All interps of Gensis chose their poison.  Having seen the effects of racism (anti-arabic racism) directed towards members of the family, I prefer to chose another poison.