Re: The death of the RTB model

From: Iain Strachan <igd.strachan@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 16:53:43 EST

On 2/20/06, glennmorton@entouch.net <glennmorton@entouch.net> wrote:

> This is for Bill Hamilton and Burgy
>
> Bill Wrote:
>
> >I presume you want Adam placed 5MYA to ensure that he is the ancestor of
> all humans. But that requires one to play fast >an loose with the
> genealogies. Is that any better than Dick's solution placing Adam 7000 YA
> and declaring him the
> >_federal_ head of the human race? I realize you're trying to devise a
> history that is both true and will satisfy the
> >conservative Christians you grew up with, but tell me truthfully: how
> have they received your history in "Foundation, Fall
> >and Flood"? I'm not trying to be critical. Like you I'd give my right arm
> (hypocritical caveat here: I'm left handed) to have a >history that was
> scientifically defensible and acceptable to the conservative Christians I
> worship with.
>
> Yes, I think preserving the genetical unity of humanity is important. To
> place Adam in the neollithic means that some of us are not descended from
> Adam and others are. In Dick's view, my wife is a descendant of Adam and I
> am not. Whether we like it or not, such a view would eventually give rise
> to a racist theology where the 'are descendeds' think they are better than
> the 'aren't descendeds'. Humans given a choice between behaving well and
> behaving badly usually chose to behave badly.

Doesn't Galatians 3:26-29 answer this objection?

 26You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27for all of you
who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There
is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all
one in Christ Jesus. 29If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed,
and heirs according to the promise.

Glenn, it truly doesn't matter if you're descended from Adam or not. Your
faith in Jesus Christ puts you on an equal footing with everyone else.
You're as good as descended from Abraham.

People might choose to have a rascist theology, but then this passage
emphatically declares that such a theology is plain WRONG.

Iain.