Get out the vote

From: Carol or John Burgeson <burgytwo@juno.com>
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 15:42:02 EST

I rec'd the following "view with alarm" email today:

"I am requesting that you collect as many church directories as you can
and send them to me in an effort to fully register, educate and energize
North Carolina's congregations to vote in the 2006 elections."

--Chris Mears, the political director for the North Carolina Republican
Party, requesting church directories for voter identification in a Feb.
15 memo titled "The pew and the ballot box" that was sent by e-mail to
"Registered Republicans in North Carolina."

701978.html

Frankly, I don't see this as a "view with alarm" call. If it were the
Democratic Party, or the Libertarian, or the "You Name It" Party, I still
see it as quite within the bounds of political activism.

But I could be wrong. Comments?

Burgy

www.burgy.50megs.com/tale.htm (Review of THE ANCESTOR'S TALE)