Re: Believe it even if it isn't true theology

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Sun Feb 19 2006 - 18:15:08 EST

I am afraid I find any suggestion that the Good Sam is historical misses the whole point of a parable.

Also Glenn's ideas of a 5 ma flood means that he has a remarkable amount of metaphorical interpretation in his view of Genesis, or perhaps much accommodation. The history behind early Genesis becomes so vague that it might as well be allegorical. Be cheeky I could suggest that his views are a strong form of AMA interpretation!

It is a pity that Glenn does not see the logic or rather illogic of his views.

Michael