Re: Theism & MNS

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Sun Feb 19 2006 - 17:22:18 EST

In your 2d sentence I'm not sure whether you mean "do find authority" or (as the sentence would read more naturally) "do not find authority."

The lack of Laplacian determinism in quantum & chaos theories certainly is widely (though not universally) accepted among physicists. I really couldn't estimate how many scientists accept the implication of Goedel's theorem that I mentioned, though I do know that within the last couple of years Hawking has said that a genuine TOE is probably not possible because of this. Scientists may not accept any theological implications of these results but their expertise qua scientists is, after all, not in theology.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/