Re: Ohio

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Sat Feb 18 2006 - 21:05:10 EST

Well, Christian theology has generally understood history to be part of God's intention in creating the world - in spite of the fact that that doesn't fit too comfortably with the idea of God creating a perfect world in the beginning. But no, Christians don't have to accept evolution is anything like the modern sense, and for ~1800 years had no compelling reason to do so. But the evidence for cosmic & biological evolution is now so strong that Christians can deny evolution only by (a) ignoring the issue, (b) fooling themselves or allowing themselves to be fooled by others, or (c) for a very small minority, being dishonest.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/