Re: Theism & MNS

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Sat Feb 18 2006 - 13:24:35 EST

Mr. Kennelly -

There is nothing in modern science that contradicts the belief that God is active in the natural world precisely in and with physical interactions. OTOH the belief that God does everything doesn't mean that natural processes do nothing, any more than the fact that I'm typing all of the letters on this message means that the computer is doing nothing. (Of course that's a rather crude analogy.) You might want to look at Chapter 12 of Ian Barbour's Religion and Science in which he discusses 9 different ways of understanding God's role in nature.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/