Re: The death of the RTB model

From: <RFaussette@aol.com>
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 18:48:45 EST

In a message dated 2/16/2006 5:13:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dopderbeck@gmail.com writes:
What if Jesus was only a man and knew he would not be saved, but sacrificed
himself anyway so that we would have an archetype, a role model, a man who knew
the law and had it written on his heart and would die rather than betray his
principles... Would he be any less than the Son of God?

Well, yes. He would be, as you say, "only a man." The kenosis, the
atonement, the resurretion -- the Gospel -- would have no real meaning at all. The
statement "Jesus is Lord" would be at best vaucous, at worst a sacriligious lie.

What I said was, if he DID those things, would he be any less than the Son of
God. I'll answer my own question. NO. The man would ONLY be the Son of God.

rich faussette