RE: The death of the RTB model

From: Tjalle T Vandergraaf <ttveiv@mts.net>
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 12:36:39 EST

See also Romans 5:6: ". at just the right time, when we were still
powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a
righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still
sinners, Christ died for us." [NIV]

There must have been lots of people who have sacrificed themselves for
others rather than betray his disciples or others. If one wants to argue
that Jesus was the first one and, therefore, was the archetype, what about
other people in the OT, such as Samson? He 'sacrificed' himself, admittedly
in a somewhat ham-fisted way and, in the process, wiped out a good number of
Philistines. But, maybe, he was the archetype of a suicide bomber?

Chuck Vandergraaf

  _____