Re: The death of the RTB model

From: Janice Matchett <janmatch@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 11:02:36 EST

At 09:35 PM 2/15/2006, RFaussette@aol.com wrote:
>[Dick] wrote:
>
>By implication, this calls into question the legitimacy of the death
>and resurrection of Christ himself.
>

>By your implication, Dick. I use my mind to apprehend what I can
>understand. I use my faith when my mind fails. Faith was good enough
>for Jesus. It is good enough for me.
>
>Face the worst case scenario, Dick. What if Jesus was only a man and
>knew he would not be saved, but sacrificed himself anyway so that we
>would have an archetype, a role model, a man who knew the law and
>had it written on his heart and would die rather than betray his
>principles... Would he be any less than the Son of God? Not to me.
>Even in the worst case scenario.
>
>rich faussette

## So Rich ---- since you claim to have "secret knowledge" ---
if your Jesus was only an imperfect, sinful man --- please explain
how he could possibly be "the Christ".

<http://www.blueletterbible.org/Mat//cgi-bin/popup.pl?book=Mat&chapter=16&verse=13&version=kjv>Mat
16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked
his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

<http://www.blueletterbible.org/Mat//cgi-bin/popup.pl?book=Mat&chapter=16&verse=14&version=kjv>Mat
16:14 And they said, Some [say that thou art just a man]: John the
Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

<http://www.blueletterbible.org/Mat//cgi-bin/popup.pl?book=Mat&chapter=16&verse=15&version=kjv>Mat
16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

<http://www.blueletterbible.org/Mat//cgi-bin/popup.pl?book=Mat&chapter=16&verse=16&version=kjv>Mat
16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son
of the living God.

<http://www.blueletterbible.org/Mat//cgi-bin/popup.pl?book=Mat&chapter=16&verse=17&version=kjv>Mat
16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon
Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed [it] unto thee, but my
Father which is in heaven.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/Mat/Mat016.html

~ Janice