Re: The death of the RTB model

From: <RFaussette@aol.com>
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 12:43:37 EST

In a message dated 2/15/2006 10:13:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dickfischer@verizon.net writes:
I think we have been looking at Jewish history for so long now thinking it
was human history, and so much has been written about Original Sin based upon
this error in interpretation, that it is difficult to extricate ourselves.

I don’t see how Adam’s sin has any more deleterious effect upon those
related to him than it does for those who are not. As a representative of God whose
mission was to bring all mankind into the knowledge of the Deity and into
accountability, Adam failed.
The story of Adam and Eve is an allegory. It does not refer to a real person.
It refers to the birth of self consciousness and the ability to do good and
evil which ALL men inherited from Adam. Prior to Adam's fall his behavior was
instinctive, like the animals. This is what is meant by "his eyes were closed."
When your behavior is instinctive, God's law is written on your heart. Your
eyes need not be open. You cannot deviate from God's will. When your eyes are
opened to good and evil and your behavior is no longer instinctive, you need a
written law because you have to learn to do good. It does not come naturally.
The written law is given to Moses because the law is no longer written on
men's hearts. They can do good or evil. Jesus demonstrates how a man lives who has
the law written on his heart. He behaves intuitively (does God's will) even
unto death.

You are right. It is not history. It is the establishment of the actual human
condition which Jesus specifically addresses. It is both scientifically and
theologically accurate.

This is a rational, scientifically explicable theology.

No need to reply. I know this is unfamiliar. My paper is still available for
any requestor.

rich faussette