RE: The death of the RTB model

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 10:11:29 EST

I think we have been looking at Jewish history for so long now thinking
it was human history, and so much has been written about Original Sin
based upon this error in interpretation, that it is difficult to
extricate ourselves.

I don't see how Adam's sin has any more deleterious effect upon those
related to him than it does for those who are not. As a representative
of God whose mission was to bring all mankind into the knowledge of the
Deity and into accountability, Adam failed.

He failed for all of us, not just for his descendants. When the task
fell to the nation of Israel, they too failed. Jesus called the
Pharisees "hypocrites." They were into self righteousness. Read Jonah,
it's a message of redemption and restoration.

A Neolithic Adam is a good historical fit. Southern Mesopotamia is his
home of record in Genesis. It took the invention of irrigation to bring
this area into fertility. No trace of civilization can be found in this
region dated any earlier than 7,000 years ago.

And it certainly makes no difference in how we are redeemed. We need to
modify our apologetics accordingly.

www.genesisproclaimed.org <http://www.genesisproclaimed.org/>