RE: Jerry Falwell -- global warming is "junk science"

From: Tjalle T Vandergraaf <ttveiv@mts.net>
Date: Tue Feb 14 2006 - 17:06:48 EST

I think there may be an underlying thought that God has made the Earth so
robust that there's no way mankind can cause irreparable harm. Thus, the
argument would then be that, no matter how much CO2 we spew into the air,
global warming will not exceed certain levels and life will continue to be
sustained. I don't necessarily hold to this but, even if this is the case
(and we'd be foolish to push the limits to see if the theory holds!), there
is the issue of Christian stewardship that includes both care for the
environment and care for our fellowmen.

Chuck Vandergraaf

  _____