Re: The death of the RTB model

From: <RFaussette@aol.com>
Date: Tue Feb 14 2006 - 12:35:16 EST

In a message dated 2/14/2006 11:08:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
drsyme@cablespeed.com writes:
A reasonable interpretation of the Genesis account is that
it is about the birth of civilization, domestication and
agriculture. And fits with archeological evidence (at
least my limited understanding of it) of changes that
ocurred in the area in question at about the time that the
geneologies suggest.

Of course a late Adam leaves us with many problems as
well. The stickiest being what is original sin and how is
death brought to all men if Adam is not the patriarch of
all men?
The genesis account is a summary of the most important aspects of the law
beginning with the necessity for man to learn, the advantages of pastoralism over
agriculture and the relationship between pastoralists and nation states and
how pastoralists can come to power in nation states without having a state of
their own.

Genesis is allegorical, so there is no necessity to find parallels in
biological evolution. One does not need to know men evolved from animals to see the
differences between men and animals.

I've done work on the Adam and Eve story and the fall and the Jacob and Esau
story, "the elder serves the younger." I've offered the paper before. If you
want a copy, ask.

rich faussette