Re: Self-deception, faith, and scepticism

From: Janice Matchett <janmatch@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue Feb 14 2006 - 09:37:09 EST

At 08:47 AM 2/14/2006, Iain Strachan wrote:

>But I have at least one atheist friend who states clearly - he
>doesn't believe in God because he doesn't see any evidence of God.

### He deceives himself by actually believing that unless God comes
up to his "godly" standards (showing the "evidence" he demands) - God
doesn't exist.

Then there are other very "spiritual" ones who deceive themselves
into believing that God is becoming who he needs to be through
"experience". (An evolutionary "process" sort of idea).

Those who don't trust the one true God, will necessarily have a god
in their own image.

And one thing is for sure - the number one characteristic of their
god is that he would never ordain an evil result - let alone allow
gratuitous evil to happen with his permission.

And that's a fact.

~ Janice