Re: The death of the RTB model

From: <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Tue Feb 14 2006 - 06:56:12 EST

Rich wrote:

>Yes, and I apologize for my ignorance. I don't do genetic studies. I am only interested in the phenotype and only need >know enough genetics to be certain the behaviors I assume are adaptive, are adaptive and not maladaptive. The correct >term I should have used is displacement, not replacement. I responded to the make love not war remark because a great >population displacement of Biblical proportions is occurring now and if the Boas/Mead view of human behavior prevails, >people won't be able to see it for what it is.

We are all ignorant, just in different areas.  I actually would agree with displacement but not genetic replacement.  I think there were few Neanderthals in Europe and they were overwhelmed by an invading group of people from Africa who swamped their genetic input to an insignificant fraction. Indeed, in this post  http://www.asa3.org/archive/ASA/200201/0310.html

you can actually see the swamping occurring over time in 3 morphological features. So, we may not be so far different as we initially imagined.