Re: The death of the RTB model

From: Terry M. Gray <grayt@lamar.colostate.edu>
Date: Mon Feb 13 2006 - 18:55:08 EST

Glenn,

You seem to have an overly simplistic view of how this scientific
controversy goes. The out-of-Africa folks and the multi-regional
folks have neither one convinced the other over the past decade. I'd
suggest that the jury is still out. Of course, this paper is a new
part of the discussion, but on such a complex issue, seldom does a
single result prove decisive.

Your mindset seems virtually identical to Hugh Ross and others who
have their scientific proof of the day that proves that the Bible is
true. What does happen when scientists change their mind on an issue
like this? Let's let the scientific debate rage. If our faith in
confidence in scripture is dependent on which way the argument goes
this year, we're to be pitied. I know that this raises all the
questions you've been concerned with over the years about Biblical
reliability, but I suggest that to put your confidence (or lack
thereof) in origins (rather than, say, the life,death, and
resurrection of Jesus) is mistaken.

There just are too many questions scientifically and Biblically to be
overly dogmatic here.

TG

Terry M. Gray, Ph.D.
Computer Support Scientist