Re: The intellectual's intellectual: "Earth is now at risk, let's save it"

From: Janice Matchett <janmatch@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri Feb 10 2006 - 17:56:35 EST

Gore says the environment will be destroyed in 10 years. No more
glaciers. No more trees. Half the current land area under water.
Human population crammed shoulder to shoulder.

I'm marking the calendar because we've only got 10 years.

By 2016 the environment will be destroyed.

10 years.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1575675/posts?page=14#14

At 05:41 PM 2/10/2006, Pim van Meurs inexplicably responded:

Good point. Humans are incredibly apt at destroying their
environment. Whether it be ozone layer, pollution, destruction of
fish habitats or other habitats, their impact on nature has been well
established.I find it fascinating why some people object to this
obvious fact. And even if they doubt the factual nature of it, why
they are not at least worried that there may be some truth to it. Did
God give us the earth to destroy or to take care of?

### Ding ding!

~ Janice