RE: AIG says it like it is

From: Craig Rusbult <craig@chem.wisc.edu>
Date: Tue Feb 07 2006 - 12:20:46 EST

    Chuck Vandergraaf says,
>Yes, the foundation of Christianity is Jesus Christ. The problem I see is
>that YECs subscribe to the domino theory. If one part of Scripture is
>questioned, where will it stop?

    I agree with what you say about the foundation and the problem.
    A "domino" theory is also called a "slippery slope" theory, and I think
it's usually not justifiable.
    In everyday life we often make complex evaluations of the type required
for determining whether a doctrine is essential theology, based on our
estimates of the doctrine's certainty (is it clearly taught in the Bible)
and theological importance. We are quite capable, for example, of deciding
that the resurrection of Jesus is true (and is taught in the Bible) and is
important, but a 144-hour creation is false (and is not taught in the
Bible) and is not important, without a "slippery slope" leading from one to
the other, from a rejection of a young earth to a rejection of The
Resurrection.

Craig